Berkeley Summer Abroad offers intensive summer programs built around Berkeley courses and led by Berkeley faculty.
• Earn Berkeley credit (or UC credit for visiting students) while diving deep into a topic with an international focus.
• Live, study, and travel with other program students and study special topics, languages, and cultures.
• Courses can satisfy Breadth Requirements and/or Major/Minor Requirements. See individual program pages for more details.
• Financial aid applies.
Berkeley Summer Abroad programs are open to all University of California students, visiting students from other colleges and universities, international students, and adults.
• Applications open February 1, 2022.
• Open to Berkeley students and visitors. Space is limited. All applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis.
• Join one of our Virtual Summer Abroad Program Information Sessions.
• Watch this virtual info session!
For advising information, visit the Summer Abroad Advising page.
Below is a list of in-person Summer Abroad programs that have run in the past. Please note that if these programs run again, the dates and fees are subject to change.
• Bahia, Brazil: Afro-Feminism, Dance, and Brazil
• Barcelona, Spain: The Other Side/El Otro Lado
• Berlin, Germany: Mathematics in Berlin
• Cusco, Peru: The Archaeology of the Incas
• Geneva, Switzerland: Business Innovation for Sustainability, Social Responsibility and Positive Impact
• Guardamar, Spain: Imagining and Re-Envisioning the Urban Setting
• Madrid, Spain: Spanish Language and Culture
• Manila, Philippines: Narratives of Tradition and Resistance
• Mexico City, Mexico: Gender, Sexuality, and Cultural Production
• Mexico City, Mexico: Mexican Art of the 20th Century
• Netherlands and Belgium: History, Art, and Identity in Europe
• Paris, France: French Language, Culture, and History
• Portugal: Entrepreneurship and Innovation in Europe
• Trieste and Venice, Italy: Italian Language and Culture