I am a... Visiting or Exchange Student

The Berkeley Study Abroad office works primarily with matriculated Berkeley students for outbound study abroad opportunities. Berkeley Summer Abroad and Berkeley Global Internships welcome visiting and international applicants that meet program eligibility. The UCEAP program is for matriculated University of California students only.

Below is a list of programs and offices that assist non-degree seeking students or faculty who wish to visit Berkeley.

Concurrent Enrollment

Concurrent Enrollment enables students to enroll in Berkeley campus courses without formal admission to the University. Concurrent Enrollment is available only for spring and fall terms.

Berkeley Summer Sessions accepts visiting students to register for summer courses at UC Berkeley.

Startup Semester at the Sutardja Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology

This exclusive full semester program, targeted at upper-division undergraduates, will provide qualified students from around the world access to faculty and curriculum in a leading entrepreneurship program.

The program is created for students who are interested in:

  • Increasing their technical knowledge of entrepreneurship and innovation
  • Advancing a startup or startup idea Understanding how to commercialize research
  • Experiencing the entrepreneurial culture of Silicon Valley and the Bay Area Students take a full load of entrepreneurship courses including Introduction to -Silicon Valley, Newton Lecture Series, and a Challenge Lab plus related electives.

UC Education Abroad Program (UCEAP) Reciprocal Exchange

This is the path for a non-degree seeking student to come to Berkeley on an exchange basis. This is a reciprocal exchange program between the University of California's campuses and schools around the world. Students exchange places at their particular institution, paying tuition and fees in their home country. There must be an agreement between the University of California and your school to participate in this program.

UC Berkeley Extension Programs for International Students including Berkeley Global Access, Berkeley-Haas Global Access Program, Chemistry Visiting Student Program, and Professional Certificate Programs

Visiting Scholars, Researchers, and Professors

Individuals interested in pursuing research or teaching at Berkeley must be invited as a "Visiting Scholar" by a professor in an academic department or lab who will serve as their host.