The Global Internships online application will open on February 1, 2017, and close on February 26, 2017. Applications are on a first-come, first-served basis and you will be notified of your admissions status by March 10, 2017.
You may only apply for one Global Internships or Summer Abroad program per summer.
Before you apply, we recommend doing the following:
• Come to drop-in advising hours every Monday from 1 pm - 5 pm at 160 Stephens Hall or set up an advising appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Obtain a valid passport with an expiration date beyond February 2017 and research any travel documentation you need to travel abroad
• Speak to a financial aid advisor at 160 Stephens Hall about study abroad funding
The online Global Internships application requires:
1. A 200 - 500 statement of interest that focuses on why you chose your specific study abroad program and any cross-cultural or international experiences you have.
2. A copy of your most recent college transcript (unofficial or official). Transcripts must have your name, the name of your college, courses in progress, and current GPA.
3. A signed student agreement stating that you’ve read and agreed to the policies.
4. A signed student waiver of liability.
5. A non-refundable $400 deposit (payable by credit or debit card only). The $400 deposit will be applied towards the program fee and cannot be waived.
Berkeley students: the $400 will be charged on your CalCentral account within a week of applying. We recommend that you pay the deposit by the next billing cycle to avoid incurring a late fee.
Other UC students and visiting students: After applying, you will receive an email from Berkeley asking you to set up your university credentials. This email does not constitute admission into the program. Please follow the instructions in the email and log into CalCentral to pay the $400 deposit. If you fail to make the $400 deposit within 48 hours of application submission, your application will be canceled.
Your application is considered incomplete until all required materials are submitted.
Admitted Students: If you are admitted into your program, you will receive a welcome packet by no later than March 22, 2017. All confirmation documents must be submitted to the Berkeley Study Abroad portal by 5 pm PST on April 3, 2017.
Waitlisted Students: If you are placed on the waitlist, you will be notified via email to do one of the
• Remain on the waitlist - no further action required.
• Switch to an open program. Before switching to an open program, you must verify that you meet the eligibility requirements for the program that you’re switching into. Once you have, please speak to your program advisor for your next steps.
• Withdraw your application from the waitlist.
Withdrawing Your Application
If you choose to withdraw your application before March 10, 2017 - you must speak to your program advisor and submit a Program Enrollment Change Form. The $400 deposit is non-refundable.
Canceling Your Participation
To withdraw your participation, please complete and submit a Program Enrollment Change Form by no later than 5 p.m. PST on April 3, 2017. Please note that the $400 deposit is non-refundable. If you cancel after April 3, 2017 - then you will owe the remaining program fee.
Writing an email or talking to a program staff is not considered an official request. Additionally, incomplete or missing confirmation forms do not qualify as an official cancellation.