We are excited to help you begin your journey! Our advising team is on-hand to guide you through the study abroad process. We encourage you to meet with a Peer Adviser as you begin the process and then connect with a member of our Professional Advising Staff.
- Sara Assadi-Nik
Study Abroad Adviser - Mo'orea Spring 2022 Island Sustainability Program
"Studying abroad during my time as an undergraduate student was truly a touchpoint in my life that still echoes into the present day. I was transformed by the experience in such positive ways, and am here to provide guidance and support to all students as they seek out their own transformational study abroad experiences."
- Michelle AyaziStudy Abroad Adviser - UCEAP: Botswana, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Ghana, India, Israel, Jordan, LSE Summer, LSE Year , Morocco, Multi-site London/Paris, Russia, South Africa, Thailand
"Studying abroad has impacted how I live my life and see the world, and the work I do. I am energized by Berkeley's diverse community and enjoy helping students incorporate study abroad into their time here. I’d love to be a part of your journey!"
- Gigi EstiloStudy Abroad Adviser - UCEAP: China, Hong Kong, Japan Korea, Singapore, Taiwan
"Studying abroad provided me with transformative experiences and opportunities for growth. This has inspired me to be more globally minded, equity-driven, and empathetic. I look forward to supporting and encouraging students in their study abroad journey!"
- Anna HenryStudy Abroad Adviser - UCEAP: Canada, Denmark, France, Iceland, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland
"I had never left the country before studying abroad, and afterward I had no regrets. It was an experience that opened my eyes to new ways of knowing and seeing the world. I am here to support students as they say yes to new experiences and embark on a transformative journey."
- Louise HonStudy Abroad Adviser - UCEAP: Argentina, Barbados, Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Spain, Solomon Islands, Australia, New Zealand
"I was a first-generation college student and had the privilege of studying abroad twice. It exposed me to people and situations that I otherwise would not have had access to, so it's wonderful I get to help others pursue the rewarding, challenging and exciting adventure that is study abroad!"
- Alex TanBerkeley Summer Abroad Program Coordinator
"Studying abroad as an undergraduate at Cal was an integral part of my own educational and personal growth. I love encouraging students who may not have thought they could study abroad and supporting students to find the right fit in a program."
- Breanne TchengGlobal Internships Programs Coordinator
"Studying abroad is one of the most transformative educational experiences because it has the potential to foster alternative perspectives, dialogue across difference, and an increased capacity for empathy. I'm excited and eager to support our Cal students to find a program that not only matches their career interests, but will also allow them to explore, be challenged, and grow positively in the process!"
- Amy VeramayStudy Abroad Adviser - UCEAP: Germany, Ireland, Italy, Scotland, England
"Studying abroad gives us the opportunity to get outside of our comfort zones and experience new ways of thinking and communicating, which helps to develop increased self awareness of how we show up and engage with others."