Peer advising is a valued component of Berkeley Study Abroad (BSA) services. See below for the Peer Advising job description and application procedures.
BSA Peer Adviser (study abroad alumni/international)
Berkeley Study Abroad (BSA) is hiring for student Peer Advisers to assist with study abroad advising, outreach, and office duties. Reporting to the Assistant Director and the Peer Advising Program Coordinator, Peer Advisers devote their time to advising, outreach activities, and administrative projects.
The pay rate is $16.32 per hour and is a position for Spring 2022.
Peer Adviser Responsibilities:
- -Advise students on the various study abroad options available to Berkeley students
- -Encourage students to think about study abroad opportunities as a part of their career planning (selecting a study abroad program that meets both academic and career goals, communicating their international experiences to others in a professional setting, incorporating their international experiences on their resume, etc.)
- -Participate in BSA presentations, orientations, alumni reunions, and special events
- -Conduct classroom announcements
- -Answer student inquiries through the BSA peer advising email
- -Compile, enter, and review students' data and information
- -Assist with special events and outreach
- -Interact with a diverse range of students (outbound, international, returnee, etc.)
- -Other duties as assigned
Peer Adviser Eligibility Criteria:
- -UC Berkeley student who identify as study abroad alumni OR international student currently studying abroad at Cal
- -Ability to commit to a minimum of 10 hours per week, primarily 9 a.m.-5 p.m. M/Tu/W/Th/F
- -Flexible schedule to work variable hours, including evenings and weekends
- -Keen interest in performance of advising and outreach activities and demonstrated skill in presentations and public speaking
- -Previous office experience, customer service skills, computer skills, and experience
- -Available to begin the position by early January 2022.
-Preference would be given to those who can work from Spring 2022 - Fall 2022.
How to Apply:
Applications for the 2022-23 school year will be available during summer 2022.
If you have any questions regarding this application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org