To participate in a Global Internships program, you must:
- Have successfully completed at least one year of college coursework by the start of the program
- Have a 2.0 GPA
- Meet any specific prerequisites required by your program
- Be currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program or have graduated within the last 12 months
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of application
Freshmen admitted in the fall are eligible to apply. You do not need to have declared a major to be eligible. High school students and students enrolled in graduate or professional programs are not eligible.
Applications are reviewed by Berkeley Study Abroad to ensure compliance with University policies and individual program requirements. You may not be on academic probation or under censure for student misconduct at the time of the review. You are also required to obtain any necessary travel documentation for your program destination(s) (i.e. passport, visa, etc). Berkeley Study Abroad reserves the right to void admission of any student discovered not to meet the above requirements.
Visiting students from other colleges and universities are welcome to apply to a Global Internships program. Please note that participating in this educational program does not in itself provide preference in admission to the University of California.
International students are eligible to participate in any Global Internships program as long as you are able to obtain the necessary travel documentation for your program destination. International students are generally not eligible for the San Francisco Bay Area option unless you:
- Have completed one year of full-time study at a college in the United States in the year immediately preceding your internship
- Are authorized for F-1 Curricular Practical Training or J-1 Academic Training under federal visa regulations
- Have a valid visa for the extent of the program