We are excited to help you begin your journey! Our advising team is on-hand to guide you through the study abroad process. We encourage you to meet with a Peer Adviser as you begin the process and then connect with a member of our Professional Advising Staff.
- Michelle AyaziStudy Abroad Adviser - UCEAP: Botswana, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Ghana, India, Israel, Jordan, LSE Summer, LSE Year , Morocco, Multi-site London/Paris, South Africa, Russia; UCEAP reciprocal exchange
"Studying abroad has impacted how I live my life and see the world, and the work I do. I am energized by Berkeley's diverse community and enjoy helping students incorporate study abroad into their time here. I’d love to be a part of your journey!"
- Marie BartzStudy Abroad Adviser- UCEAP: China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, & Thailand
"Study Abroad allows students to discover the world around them, but it also promotes self-discovery. Each student is unique and has something different to gain from their experience, and I love helping students find the best program option possible."
- Louise HonStudy Abroad Adviser - UCEAP: Argentina, Barbados, Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Spain, Solomon Islands, Australia, New Zealand
"I was a first-generation college student and had the privilege of studying abroad twice. It exposed me to people and situations that I otherwise would not have had access to, so it's wonderful I get to help others pursue the rewarding, challenging and exciting adventure that is study abroad!"
- Justin OliverProgram Coordinator - Berkeley Sophomore Semester: Global Studies London
"By studying abroad, students will experience a level of growth that can never be stunted. From gaining a better understanding and appreciation of people and places to developing intercultural skills that employers value...studying abroad is a rewarding experience that will unlock so much opportunity for anyone that takes advantage of it."
- Alex TanBerkeley Summer Abroad Program Coordinator
"Studying abroad as an undergraduate at Cal was an integral part of my own educational and personal growth. I love encouraging students who may not have thought they could study abroad and supporting students to find the right fit in a program."
- Breanne TchengGlobal Internships Programs Coordinator
"Studying abroad is one of the most transformative educational experiences because it has the potential to foster alternative perspectives, dialogue across difference, and an increased capacity for empathy. I'm excited and eager to support our Cal students to find a program that not only matches their career interests, but will also allow them to explore, be challenged, and grow positively in the process!"
- Amy VeramayStudy Abroad Adviser - UCEAP: Germany, Ireland, Italy, Scotland, England
“Studying abroad gives us the opportunity to get outside of our comfort zones and experience new ways of thinking and communicating, which helps to develop increased self awareness of how we show up and engage with others."