We are excited to help you begin your journey! Our advising team is on-hand to guide you through the study abroad process.
- Michelle AyaziStudy Abroad Adviser - UCEAP: Middle East, Africa, India, Cyprus, Multi-site London/Paris; LSE Summer, LSE Year
"Studying abroad has impacted how I live my life and see the world, and the work I do. I am energized by Berkeley's diverse community and enjoy helping students incorporate study abroad into their time here. I’d love to be a part of your journey!"
- Marie BartzIntake Adviser
"Study Abroad allows students to discover the world around them, but it also promotes self-discovery. Each student is unique and has something different to gain from their experience, and I love helping students find the best program option possible."
- Louise HonStudy Abroad Adviser - UCEAP: Argentina, Barbados, Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Spain, Solomon Islands, Australia, New Zealand
"I was a first-generation college student and had the privilege of studying abroad twice. It exposed me to people and situations that I otherwise would not have had access to, so it's wonderful I get to help others pursue the rewarding, challenging and exciting adventure that is study abroad!"
- Scott McElhinneyStudy Abroad Adviser - UCEAP: Czech Republic, Germany, Italy, Korea, Russia; UCEAP reciprocal exchange
"I was the first one in my family to live abroad, and those experiences fundamentally changed my worldview in a positive way. I became a study abroad adviser so that I could help other Cal students have similar opportunities to observe and interact with new cultures."
- Alex TanBerkeley Summer Abroad Program Coordinator
"Studying abroad as an undergraduate at Cal was an integral part of my own educational and personal growth. I love encouraging students who may not have thought they could study abroad and supporting students to find the right fit in a program."
- Breanne TchengGlobal Internship Programs Coordinator
"Studying abroad is one of the most transformative educational experiences because it has the potential to foster alternative perspectives, dialogue across difference, and an increased capacity for empathy. I'm excited and eager to support our Cal students to find a program that not only matches their career interests, but will also allow them to explore, be challenged, and grow positively in the process!"