Description: The Business Administration Department has provided information for students participating in the UC Education Abroad Program (UCEAP). Students participating on other study abroad programs should contact the department directly for more information.
Department Handout: Study Abroad for Business Administration Majors (PDF)
Study Abroad Questionnaire:
- Is there a specific time frame in which students are required to declare a major in your department? If yes, when?
The Haas School of Business Undergraduate Program has a competitive admissions process. Students are eligible to apply in November for the following academic year. Applicants are expected to have met admissions requirements by the end of the spring semester prior to admission.
- Does the undergraduate adviser sign the UCEAP academic planning form, or must a faculty adviser sign?
The Haas Study Abroad Adviser signs the EAP academic planning form.
- Should students make an appointment to have their academic planning form signed in your department? If so, do they need to bring a transcript or any other supplemental materials with them to their appointment?
No appointment is necessary, nor do we require supplemental materials. Forms may be dropped off or sent via email as an attachment. Forms will be sent back via email or available for picked up within 24-48 hours once received. Please note that we sign only Haas Major's academic planning forms. If you are newly admitted into the program we will not sign any forms due to the conditional acceptance terms.
- What is the maximum amount of major credit given for courses taken during UCEAP? Is this maximum calculated by number of courses or by units of credit?
The Haas Undergraduate program has no limit. Students could potentially have all of their courses count toward degree requirements.
- Are students in your department able to undertake a senior honors thesis the semester following UCEAP participation?
The Haas Undergraduate Program does not offer senior honors theses for its majors.
- Does your department calculate UCEAP grades into departmental GPA?
Yes, all courses posted to the transcript as “BUS ADM” or “UGBA” must be taken for letter grade and will be calculated into the departmental GPA.
- Are UCEAP grades counted towards departmental honors?
Yes, the departmental GPA determines eligibility for departmental honors.
- If you represent a department which teaches foreign language, does your department award major credit for the courses taken during the Intensive Language Program (ILP) portion of the UCEAP program?
- Does your department distribute a special information sheet for your majors which includes advice on how to articulate participation with UCEAP with the major?
Yes. All information is posted on the International Study portion of the Haas Undergraduate Program web site. This information is reiterated during a mandatory 1-on-1 advising session prior to their time abroad.
- Does your department place Academic holds on declared majors prior to each registration period? If yes, what is your departmental policy on releasing advising holds for students currently abroad on UCEAP (e.g. is advising possible via email, skype, etc.)?