Tohoku University Summer Programs are short-term programs featuring lectures, laboratory visits, and field trips in Sendai, Japan.
Join students from the Americas, Asia, Europe, and Oceania this summer for one of two program options hosted by Tohoku University:
- The Tohoku University Japanese Program (TUJP) offers you an opportunity to discover Japan through intensive Japanese language classes, seminars on Japanese culture and society, collaborative projects with fellow students, home stays, field trips, and other cultural activities.
- The Tohoku University Science Summer Program (TSSP) is designed for students majoring in science and engineering who will examine how advanced technologies can meet the needs of society. You will experience current education and research activities at Tohoku University through a lecture series, field trips to cultural sites and areas affected by the 2011 Tohoku Earthquake, cultural workshops, and collaborative opportunities with Tohoku University students. Note: TSSP is not running in the summer of 2017.
Tohoku University was founded in 1907 as the third national university, located in Sendai City. It continues to be an innovative university committed to the principles of "Research First" and "Open Doors."
To learn more, visit the Tohoku University Summer Programs website.
For more information:
- Email us at email@example.com
- Call us at +1 510 643-3355
- Schedule an advising appointment Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. in 1995 University Ave, Suite 130
For TUJP, you can choose to take either one term only or both terms. Each term contains different classes and activities.
Language of Instruction: English
Courses: Science, Engineering, Social Sciences, Japanese
Students from all majors are welcome to apply to TUJP. Students applying for TSSP must be science or engineering majors.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2017