Explore Chilean politics from independence to the present, and witness firsthand the forces that have shaped Chilean politics and challenge its society today.
- Interact with Chileans who have been key actors in the politics of development
- Live and study in Santiago, one of Chile's most dynamic cities
- Visit the city of Concepción to learn about early 20th century labor mobilization in the mining sector
- Travel to Valparaíso, the picturesque city on the sea
- Participate in excursions to museums, monuments, and an abandoned mining town that shed light on Chile's rich political history
On this program, you will examine the politics of development as it has played out in Chile. You will study the political history of this exceptional country, with a focus on the social and economic policies pursued in different periods, and how they have corresponded to different models of development.
Dates: May 28 – July 8, 2017
Units: 6 units
Language of Instruction: English