The UTokyo Innovation Summer Program is a two-week summer program of classes, workshops, and fieldwork in Tokyo and the Tohoku region.
Hosted by The University of Tokyo, the program includes students from both outside Japan and the University of Tokyo and is designed to hone students' skills to innovate and solve social problems. The program is built around the theme of "Youth Led Innovation," allowing participants to develop skill-sets, mindsets, and motivation necessary to create innovation while understanding the principles of how youth can lead innovation for tomorrow.
The University of Tokyo was founded in 1877 and was the first of Japan's National Seven Universities. Known as "Todai" in Japanese, The University of Tokyo is considered the most prestigious university in Japan today.
To learn more, visit the UTokyo Innovation Summer Program website.
For more information:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us at +1 (510) 643-3355
- Schedule an advising appointment Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. in 1995 University Ave, Suite 130
Dates: July 31 – August 11, 2017
Language of Instruction: English
Courses fields:: Business, social sciences, Japanese culture, crisis response
- Be a UC Berkeley degree-seeking student, including those who will graduate in June 2017
- Have completed at least one full year of university study
- Possess a high level of proficiency in written and spoken English
- Be able to attend all days during the program period
Application Deadline: March 31, 2017
A 90,000 JPY (~800 USD) fee covers program participation, accommodations, and transportation between Tokyo and the regional program. Additionally, you will pay a 20,000 JPY (~170-180 USD) fee to cover meals for five days while on the regional program. You will be expected to pay for your travel expenses to and from Japan, as well as daily meals in Tokyo and personal expenses, out of pocket.
The UTokyo Innovation Summer Program is not a credit-bearing program and is not eligible for transfer credit. Therefore, it does not qualify for financial aid.
View our Scholarships Directory for additional study abroad scholarships, including a list of campus and extramural awards.