The Freeman Foundation Award
The Freeman Foundation provides awards up to $4,000 for students participating in Berkeley Global internships in Hong Kong, Singapore, and Tokyo.
You will be automatically considered, no application is necessary. To qualify, you must:
• Be participating in Berkeley Global Internships program in Hong Kong, Singapore, or Tokyo
• Be a current UC Berkeley student (Expected Graduation Date of Summer 2019 or later)
• Have completed a 2018-2019 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act application, and are eligible for financial aid Have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $50,000 or less
• Have remaining financial need after all other eligible gift aid and scholarships have been calculated towards your program's cost of attendance
• Are U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or DACA recipient with valid Advanced Parole
• Willing to complete and submit an internship report summary by August 16, 2019
• Minimum award of $2,500 for students with an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $50,000 or less.
• Minimum award of $4,000 for students who are Federal Pell Grant eligible in the 2018-2019 academic year.
• Students who are awarded a Freeman Scholarship ARE NOT eligible for the Berkeley Study Abroad Scholarship of $1,500.