The Global Internships team works one-on-one with you to place you in an internship based on your academic background and experience level. Internships will be primarily at PTT Global Chemical (PTTGC) at the Map Ta Phut Industrial Estate in Rayong province on the eastern coast of Thailand or at the National Metal and Materials Technology Center (MTEC) near the Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology (SIIT) at Thammasat University campus in Rangsit. Internships are limited to the following areas:
- Chemical Engineering – plant development, process analysis, research on product development, etc.
- Material Sciences – research in product development, energy technology, etc.
- Chemistry – research in product development, energy technology, etc.
Examples of past projects:
- Reviewed the general processes for the major units of the utilities section of the olefin plant and calculated the energy savings for reducing the air inlet of an auxiliary boiler.
- Worked on a team to complete a HAZOP report on one of the process units in the plant.
- Used ANSYS to simulate the fluid dynamics in a catalyst synthesis reactor.
- Presented the process used in the olefin plant to convert ethane and liquefied petroleum gas to ethylene.
- Simulated and optimized a distillation column using Aspen and PI Process Book.
Please note that there are a limited number of internships and placement is not guaranteed. The admissions process is competitive. Students will know about their acceptance into the internship program by early April. If you are not selected, you will be given alternative options within Global Internships or Summer Abroad programs, based on availability, or a refund of your $400 deposit.