Tuition and Program Fee
The fees to participate in this program are broken down into 1) tuition and 2) program fees, which are applied to your student billing account as follows:
|2017 Fees||UC Students||Visiting Students|
|Tuition (6 units)||$2,460||$3,120|
Fees are subject to change. All non-UC Berkeley students must pay an additional Document Management Fee of $55.
Estimated Out-of-Pocket Expenses
In addition to the fees outlined above, Berkeley Study Abroad has estimated amounts for out-of-pocket expenses. These amounts are used to calculate financial aid packages for eligible students. Actual expenses will vary depending on your lifestyle and spending habits.
International Airfare and Transportation
|Total Estimated Out-of-Pocket Expenses||$4,626|
|It is your responsibility to obtain any necessary travel documentation for your program destination (i.e. passport, visa, etc.). This may require you to pay fees of up to a few hundred dollars depending on the type of paperwork required.|
Financial aid is available for UC Berkeley students who are enrolled in at least 6 units during the summer. All other students should contact the financial aid office at their home institution for more information.
Explanation of FeesTuition is based on a per unit cost:
- The UC undergraduate student rate is $410 per unit
- The visiting student rate for all non-UC participants is $520 per unit
The program fee includes the following items:
- Student housing at Charles University with a shared kitchen, living room, bathroom, and access to laundry facilities
- Excursions including entry fees to local museums, historic sites, etc.
- On-site orientation activities including an introduction to the city of Prague, the Charles University campus, Czech work culture, etc.
- Travel insurance, including accident/sickness medical coverage, emergency medical evacuation, security extraction, and other travel assistance services
- Other program-related costs including fees for placement services
- The initial non-refundable deposit of $400, which is due at the time of application, is applied to the program fee.
|Please note that the list of items included in the program fee is not all-inclusive and is subject to change.|
The following items are excluded from the program fee:
- International airfare
- Personal expenses (souvenirs, routine medical expenses, toiletries, etc.)
- Meals (access to kitchen facilities will be provided)
- Course materials (textbooks and readers)
- Other travel expenses (passport, visa, etc.)
- Additional meals
- Commuting costs for the daily travel to and from your internship