The Global Internships team works one-on-one with you to find an internship that matches your career goals, interests, and experience level. Internships in Mumbai will focus on work with non-profit organizations and NGOs in the areas listed below; however, placement is not limited to these areas. Internship placement is guaranteed.
Examples of past internships:
- Develop and conduct training programs to explore the use of dance therapy for victims of domestic violence
- Survey and analyze the effectiveness of child rights programs, particularly from a legal standpoint
- Research urban consumption patterns and determine methods for lessening intake and designing urban farming
- Analyze data from five years of criminal court cases to determine the efficacy of police interventions and outreach programs
- Develop and test a tool to evaluate the loan affordability of microfinance customers
Opportunities can vary year-to-year by such factors as market trends, time of year, and the economy.Common industry sectors for internships include, but are not limited to:
Digital and Audio Media
Sustainable Design & Architecture
For more information about these industry sectors and possible placements, see the Mumbai Internship Opportunities page.
Some challenging internship fields to place in Mumbai are:
- Bollywood – alternate placements in areas of independent and social film or media
- Environmental Economics or Policy – alternate placements in environmental research
- Governmental or Foreign Policy – alternate placements in think tanks or social sector organizations
- Psychology/Hospitals/Medical Practice (no clinical or patient-based work) – alternate placements in social sector (NGO) organizations or social work organizations
- Law and Law Enforcement – alternative placement in Human Rights Law or Policy.
- Wildlife and the Environment – alternate placements in Stray Animals and Environmental Education